I cannot believe that next week is already Christmas...and we fly out to North Carolina in 6 days!
So a couple of things to update on:
2. Amaranth (never had it or heard of it!)
3. Buckwheat groats
4. Bulgar (amazing recipe posting)
Beans with Pesto Bulgar
1 can great northern or cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1 1/3 cups veggie or chix broth (fat free/ low sodium if available)
2/3 cup bulgar wheat
3/4 cup chopped red sweet red pepper (1 medium)
1/4 cup sliced green onions (2)
1/3 cup refrigerated pesto sauce (make your own or buy pre-made)
1. In medium pan, bring broth to boil; add bulgar. Return to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered,for about 15 mins or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans and chop pepper and onions. In another medium pan, warm beans, pepper, onion, and pesto to serving temp. This should all take just about as long as the bulgar. Then throw it all together, add some ground black pepper, and enjoy. Yum Yum!!! Super healthy, easy, and good.
7. Brown Rice, Wheat Berries
Why is Oatmeal #8.... Probably because it is not a complete protein like Quinoa
BUT as you all probably know it is the most SATISFYING breakfast (or any meal) and has fiber and whole grains and with anything added, super yummy!
Next up is the 7 Spices that are SUPER spices :)
Hint...one is CINNAMON!
So i received 2 boxes yesterday :)
One was from NuNaturals (all with natural sweetener) Stevia.....Plenty to bake with and not have to add sugar! I am going to post some baking recipes this weekend for the holidays :) BISCOTTI! Yum yum.
The other box was from Bora Bora Foods
They sent an organic shirt (which I will sport tomorrow and take pictures) a tiki mug and BARS! I opened up the Exotic Coconut Almond. delicious.
As for me. Today I am stiff as a board! I taught Total tone and Cardio Circuit yesterday and way too many lunges, squats, mt climbers, army drops, speed drills, you name it! So today BODYFLOW. Yep, it does the body good.
Trust me, after a day of listing or resistance type training you need a good yoga based class, or at least stretch!
Tonight the COLTS play and Jaydun and I will be watching :)