Friday, January 8, 2010

Super Foods!


My Favorite SUPER Foods!


1. Ground Flaxseed (check out the website Flax ) One serving provides 100% Daily Value of Omega-3 (ALA) 


2. Oatmeal, Quinoa


3. Nuts (specifically almonds and walnuts) Almond Butter YUMM
    I have a Kind Bar daily (www.kindsnacks.com) Nut Delight is my fav.


4. Berries (blue, black, ras, straw)


5. Dairy (cheese, yogurt, milk) 
     My favorites are Fage 2%, Low fat string cheese, and skim milk.
    Great protein, calcium, and probiotics

6. Greens! Kale (kale chips) Broccoli (omelets or just steamed)
 Spinach (with flax in a salad)


That is all for now....I try to get something of every color in a day as well. Like: Tomato (red) Sweet Potatoe, carrot, squash, pumpkin (orange)
Berries (purple/blue) Green as above :)


Any other fun SUPERFOODS you like? 
any comfort food recipes?
POST EM!


Nelly


3 comments:

  1. these are some great superfoods hun!! fun superfoods..hmmm.. i love salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the colors too! Nuts are my favorite superfood, and I eat greans for just about every meal...yum, yum! Squash is another thing I love that's fairly healthy - I'm not sure it's a superfood, though. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are GREAT superfoods! i LOVE grilled salmon w. grilled asparagus..

    ReplyDelete